Kangaroo Kids Desk The Joey
- The gas spring lift has infinite adjustability between:
- Tall Unit (recommended for users between 4’4”-6’3”) adjust from 29.5” (74.93cm) to 44.5” (113.03cm)
- Short Unit (recommended for users between 3’6” to 4’10”) adjust from 24.5” (62.23cm) to 34” (86.36cm)
- The advanced, sturdy column eliminates side to side shifting while performing classroom tasks.
- The large adjustment lever allows for seamless raising and lowering even for the smallest of hands.
- Super durable work surface offers a large work area, measures 24”W (60.96cm) X 18”D (45.72cm). Rounded edges and corners prevent injuries and discomfort while moving around the classroom and during everyday use.
- Sturdy, Steel Base measures 26”W (66.04cm) X 20”D (53.8cm). The base is finished in a slightly textured, black powder coating. Powder coating protects against the kicks and scuffs from feet of all sizes.
- Fully assembled product weighs 42 lbs. and has the ability to support up to 100 lbs. of additional weight.
- Our student desk is designed with the classroom environment in mind. A cubby with an integrated pencil tray measures 21.5”W (43.18cm) X 17”D (54.61cm) to hold all the student’s necessary books and supplies.
- Stainless steel, adjustable feet make it easy to eliminate wobbling due to uneven flooring. The smooth finish makes moving and arranging the unit a breeze without the risk of damaging the floor.
- The Kangaroo Kids desk’s gas spring and moving parts come with a full five-year warranty and the structural frame comes with a ten-year warranty.
- Ergo Desktop adjustable height student desks are built with high quality materials made in the USA. We stand by our product as being some of the best craftsmanship on the market.
- Click here for a short video demonstration of children operating the desk.
- Childhood obesity rates have tripled over the last three decades. Did you know that children may burn up to 15% more calories when standing instead of sitting? Standing desks in the classroom can slow the increase in elementary school children’s BMI by an average of 5.24%. It is said that active kids stay active, so introducing low-level activity in the classroom, such as sit-stand desk, can help break the unhealthy sedentary patterns of today. (Sources: www.mdpi.com, www.mobilitywod.com and Dr. Mark Benden – Texas A&M)
- The American Psychiatric Association reports that 5% of American children are diagnosed with ADHD making concentration in the classroom more challenging than ever. For children with ADHD moving and fidgeting is an urge they cannot resist. Hyperactivity, inattention, and impulsivity are regular parts of their school day. Standing desks create the foundation for a movement-rich environment. The increase in movement and exercise increases dopamine production and in turn helps improve attention and focus in children with ADHD.